1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow or not plow with a 2000 Powerstroke???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowboyBlake, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Hello all,

I just bought a 2000 F250 Supercab Sbox 4x4, Auto, Powerstroke, very nice truck. I am thinking about a new plow for it. I plowed last year with my 93 1/2ton shebby and maybe wanna put a plow on this new beast. I want to get a 8.0 footer and then put some pro wings on it. I hope that this will be the setup to have going on. Should I buy a brand new one or get a used one for it? I'm pretty sure that I can get the accounts I need. What do u guys think, should I buy a plow and plow major snow or just ride my snowmobile that I love to do>?? Thanks for all the help.

Blake Enloe
  2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

If you really want to plow and make some money doing it then buy a new plow unless you find a nice working plow cheap. If you want to plow for maybe a small amount of cash and or family and friends then get a used plow or just keep using your chevy. On size I would go with atleast a 8" plow. As for plow make and model I would wait and ask more experienced plowers due to their wider knowledge of different plows.
  3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Any thing wrong with the chevy? Maybe just use that another season or 2 if it works fine till you get a bit bigger, then upgrade? This will also give you an idea of what type of plowing you will be doing and maybe a better idea on how to set up your rig. BTW and trust me on this one, set your programing back to stock or down to a lower tune when plowing if you use the stroke.

Make sure you have yourself protected with contracts and the porper insurance.

What could be more fun than plowing snow? LOL :nod:
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I would get someone elses junk imo get a new western those are nice they make a pro series 3500 i think
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

If you know how to work on things and know what to look for you may be able to get a good blade for a good price. Its just like buying a new vrs used truck....warantee and something someone else hasnt had the chance to abuse or take the chance with a used peice were someone else already ate a big chunk of the depreciation. Key words if and may JMO I'm not totaly dissagreeing with you though by anymeans