1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow or Blow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kemmer, Sep 28, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

OK, well, im trying to decide what im doing this winter, i currently have a chevy 2500HD and a toro snowblower, im try to decide wheather to get another good snowblower, and freeze in the elements, or get a plow and sit in a nice warm cab. I run a small lawncare company and i have a few people that i blow there drives. if i decide to get a plow, what is the best way to get customers? ive read the forum and ive learned alot, just askingfor some advice.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I would get a plow you can go by word of mouth, advertisings get those magnetic signs maybe
  3. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

yea, just wondering how many customers did u have when u started?
  4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I started my first season working for a friends landscape company at $55/hour..did not make much money but learned a lot about equipment and techniques, especiall in a large lot. I went out to commercial business's and called on the maint. dept for contracts.plow will make u money.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i started out doing roads for the city through a fiend then i had some comm lots and driveways
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I started doing about 10 driveways on my street with an ATV. Same as you I got tired of freezing, so I got a plow for my truck. Go get you a plow for your truck! Now I do mostly commercial accounts. I grew through word of mouth and a newspaper ad. Don't forget those signs on your truck!! :waving:
  7. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Started out having a few lawn customers that wanted them cleaned, now they are done last(do them just because I don't have the heart to dump them.

Found my first commercial customers by walking into every new store and restaurant being built in my area. Convinced the manager I was the best. Got 7 out of the 8 I bid.....