1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow options- looking for input

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gasjr4wd, Dec 14, 2011.

1. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

I've have a 80" snoway on a Suz. Samurai for about 15 years and it's worked quite nice doing just about anything, just wish it was wider. I have had good luck running straight, lightweight equipment. Never broke anything. This year I added a 03 Dodge Diesel 4dr long bed, srw to the pot and am thinking of adding a plow. I see many people running 7.5' plows on them and a few dealers/manufactures suggest 7.5' plows. I am leaning to a straight 8'. I would rather find a used plow... most are heavy all steel plows. I recently found a snoway 7.5' for sale.
    Q. What am I missing not running a big heavy 8'+ plow vs the light snoway?
    Basher and a few others have said go with the 8', but I can get the 7.5 snoway used for $2000 and that makes it hard to change my thinking.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Find a Boss v plow that truck.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the only thing you will lose will be 6". the curl of the blade holds it down and if you want more turn on the Down pressure.