1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow options for a BOSS mount

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by trailman282, Jul 27, 2016.

1. trailman282

trailman282 Junior Member

Hello,
    I recently bought a truck that belonged to the local school system. It is a 99 chevy k2500 that was used as a snow plow truck in the past. It has a Boss mount on the front and appears to be all wired and ready would just need a plow and a controller to operate one.
    Would I only be able to use a Boss plow? Or could I find a universal setup that might work and be any cheaper?
    I have no Boss dealer or any snow plow dealer near me. This would mainly be used to do a few small business lots and a few residential drives. It probably would not be used more than 3-4 times a year.
    Any help would be great. Thanks

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Boss only.

3. trailman282

Am I looking at 4k and up to get a blade and controller?

4. 1olddogtwo

New....yea

Look for used. Scroll down to the bottom guys are always selling them in the for sale Section

5. 1olddogtwo

For a good used 7 foot 6....2000 to 2500.

Where you located at?

6. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you located? As mentioned, guys on here are always selling them. Give Craigslist a shot too.

I'm not familiar with boss plows, so I'm not sure how many different mounts they've had through the years. You may have to find a certain plow to match your mount.

7. trailman282

I am located in eastern New Mexico, probably will be hard to find much used equipment without driving or shipping something. I will check out the used postings here though

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Need to know how many pins on the plug. Boss used a few different styles. Always helps to put up pics.

9. trailman282

I tried to upload some photos of my equipment