1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow only raises 2 inches

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by zigmar, Feb 28, 2013.

1. zigmar

zigmar Junior Member
    from 14055

Hi all, I have a 2000 Blizzard on a 2000 F250. This has ben a wonderful plow, now its a great back up. For the past several years the plow only raises about 4 inches and with a new cutting edge, its only about 2 inches of the ground. As you can expect, most of the pins and what not are sloppy loose. I know this might have something to do with it but there is one more thing. When man handling the plow for repairs, flipping it upside down and what not, after hooking it up for the first time the plow raises high. Only for the initial lift. So, upside down plow equals good height. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check pins and plates

3. zigmar

zigmar Junior Member
    from 14055

Everything appears to be in tact, things are of course loose though. I was just wondering why, when the plow is flipped upside down, it lifts all the way. So it has the capability of raising, it just doesn't. I have to admit, i don't have a good handle on hydraulics.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Is your reservoir tank full of crap/filters clogged, and when you flip it around, it stirs the tank somewhat?