1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow only pivits one way

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pottord, Feb 1, 2010.

1. pottord

pottord Junior Member

Got up to day and it started to snow. I have an older cable driven plow. This past weekend I did some work to my jeep, new radiator and moved/lengthened the plow power and ground lines. I covered all the lines with plastic line protector and wire tied them back in place.

I hooked up the plow that was setting outside for the past week. It worked fine when I took it off a week ago, now it will only pivit one direction. Up and piviting towards the drivers side still both work great. It just will not pivit towards the passenger side. If I push it into a snow bank with the control piviting towards the passenger side the plow will even out with a major push from the jeep. I have checked and the pump is running. Any one have any good ideas? The only thing I can think of is the zip ties many have changed the angles on the cable some, I attached some more ties to control the cable and keep it off the moving parts of the pump.

Thanks for your time and ideas!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

check your cable travel
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

remove the ties from the cables
  4. pottord

pottord Junior Member

Got it fixed with a little thought and so at lunch time I went out and looked at it some.....the pump never had set screws where the cables go into the valves. The cable for right/left had come out of the housing some. When I pushed it back in all is well. :yow!:

Any one have an idea what the tread type and pitch is for the set screws? I just need to pick two of them up to stop this stuff!!!
  5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Here is the part number and description:

set screw.JPG

set screw.JPG