1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Only Contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bigrd1, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

Hey ya'll

I've been plowing for my uncle since I started plowing and he always took care of my insurance and took it out of my pay. He also took care of contracts and most of the customers. He contracted me to just plow. This year is a little different as I am doing things on my own.

I Plow ONLY I don't salt and don't intend to as of right now.
    So here is my question for you guys.
    Do you have a separate contract for plow only sites?
    Does this contract have a clause to say that if there is a slip and fall that your not held responsible?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your contract can be what ever you want in it.As for slip and falls ,if someone does fall and sue your name will be on the papers and a judge will figure it out.
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have not responseable for slip and falls on all my contracts, even the ones that I salt. I know it's a feeble attempt to not getting sued, but like granview said, if and when it happens, the judge will sort it out.