1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow only angles to the right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Rodknocker, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Rodknocker

Rodknocker Junior Member

i am using a cable style plow. new style pump. my plow won't go up or to the left. i can only get it to go to the right. tore apart everything last night. cleaned everything. all the gaskets and o rings are in mint condition. cables are brand new. just wondering if the motor itself is junk. not spinning fast enough to build pressure?? the only thing i didnt take apart was the ram. it doesnt leak anything. when i push on the ball at the ends of my hoses fluid comes out. the driverside cyl has plenty of pressure. the passenger side not so good. i can raise the ram with the plow disconnected but other than that its worsless. any help would be appreciated

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Your more than likely out of adjustment on the pump.

3. Rodknocker

Rodknocker Junior Member

i don't have the covers on right now cuz i spent a good hour and a half adjusting them everywhich way. still no good.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Those pumps are a PITA to get right sometimes.

No Lead is better with these pumps than i am, he should be on this evening.