1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PLOW on PETERBILT w/ V BOX

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by iceyman, Mar 14, 2008.

1. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

saw this at a local lumber yard \....:drinkup:
    sorry for crappy cell pics

IMG00226.jpg

IMG00227.jpg

IMG00228.jpg

IMG00229.jpg

IMG00225.jpg

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i love it! i would have added a much bigger v-box though. what size plow on that puppy, 12ft?

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

im not sure its big tho ill check it out later

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a pretty good truck to me, not much invested and probably they don't need a bigger salter. I like it when someone thinks outside the box. Nice pics!

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder on the traction issue....
    Our 5-yards full of salt (8-10 tons) sometimes have trouble......

6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Interesting, I like it. Imagine one of those deals where they had the truck and it no longer did the delivery thing so slap on a blade and then the box. Traction would be my question as well. Even if it has full lock still not too much weight back there.

7. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I dont think that pete could handle a bigger v box. lol

8. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

One of my dad's friends does the same thing. He's an o/o with an 18-wheeler dump trailer. When his trucks get old and tired to pull the trailer on the road, he gets winter plates, plow, and sander. The sander's a little bit bigger than that one, but he does highways.

I bet it hauled wood for the lumber yard and they did the same thing. Truck started breaking so now they're just extending it's life. No need to keep it 'safe' when you're crawling around your lot.
    How many of you guys have air sander controls? haha

Traction isn't bad. The truck he uses to pull the trailer today has a plow too. He pays someone to drive it, and it goes bobtail. No weight at all. Full lock and it only slides when it's in low gear trying to climb a hill cause he's the front tractor in the fleet.

I'd love to take that thing for a spin, never driven a Pete.Only a Mack and Autocar to date.

Since it appears to be a dedicated yard truck, I wonder if you could mount a brick of concrete under the sanders. The sanders would probably have a larger radius on it's throw, and I'm sure they have a front loader they can use to load it. You'd have at least a few hundred pounds of ballast.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  9. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

does that plow angle mechanically? it looks like there is a gear with a pin in it or somthing. Also what on earth does that hydro cylinder do? It looks like it would just put the plow over or somthing

10. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

That Is Pretty Cool I'd Like To Plow With It!

11. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

thats not a hydro cylinder...its a trip spring

and from what i could tell it is a power angle plow

12. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Does the sander see-saw on the 5th wheel?

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Are garbage company has a plow on a few of there small slide back trucks that they plow with. I'll see if I can get some pics.