1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on pallet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mdb landscaping, Oct 6, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i just got a fisher 8 ft minute mount. ive been debating on getting the plow dollys. i was wondering if anybody parks their plow on a pallet and how well that works. i have a pallet and pallet jack, so i coud just move it around with the pallet jack. is this a good or bad idea?

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

If you go this route nail some plywood to the pallet (unless it is solid) I do this when I store them in the summer. I lift them up with my skidsteer onto the loft of my shop. In the winter they are lined up n front of where wach truck parks so that they are easy to hook up. That is if we unhook them in the winter. Very seldom was this done last year.

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like this idea would work fine, one other thing you can do in addition to the plywood is nail a couple of 2x4's down, forming a "channel" for the cutting edge to sit in.

You might want to attach blocking to hold the A-frame level, which will make re-attaching the plow a bit easier.

4. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

The plow dollies will be at our BBQ so if your intereted in seeing them there will be a couple here in Poughkeepsie with a plow on them so you can check them out.
    John Parker

5. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

I've done it.

Re-enforce the pallet and make sure you sling a cargo strap or two around it to.