1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on or off?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lucfw, Feb 26, 2011.

?

Plow on or off?

1. I leave it on all seson

45 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. I take it off when i am done

82 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. I put it on if a storm is coming

81 vote(s)
    38.2%
  4. when ever i have the time i take it off

38 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

just wondering when people take the plows off for differnt resons.

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Plow comes off as soon as I'm done plowing.

3. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Plow comes off as soon as the storm is over.
    Robert

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Plows stay on all year. However all of my trucks are dedicated plow trucks. I have other trucks that I drive for what they are for as well.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

plow hasnt been off since Nov

6. blogsdon

blogsdon Member

Me too, I have heart problems so the less exertion the better. Although I did get my quick disconnect for my meyers ez-mount so I may be taking it off more next season.

Brian

7. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

As soon as im done... depending on storm but if i get all my plowing done at night i take it off for sanding in the morning.....

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They stay on unless there's no snow in the forcast, then they come off. No use running around for weeks at a time with that weight up there.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The plow gos on rite before it starts snowing. Then it comes off rite after I'm done plowing unless the snow is drifting or there is another storm coming with in a couple days. I store my plow inside so it's no big deal putting it on and off.

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Plow stays on the dedicated plow truck all winter unless I need the truck for something, but it comes off the backup truck (my daily driver) after every storm when I have plowed my own driveway

11. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Mine stays on year round unless the truck needs needs to be used for something during the summer. If I do take it off during the summer then I will leave it off until the fall.

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I put it on the night of our first snow and hope it works. Then it says on all season.Still can;t figure out why some guys start driving around with it on in Aug. while cutting grass.

13. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

plows are on the trucks all winter dump truck gets plow off 2 get salt only

14. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Leave my plow on the excursion all season, but its my "dedicated" plow truck. I have my dodge for running around, and its just a backup plow truck.

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'm with GOT-H2O. fuels expensive, and whats the point in having them on if its not going to snow for a week or 2?

16. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Depends it was such a snowy december it was on almost the entire month. I try to take it off when Im not plowing but if there is snow in the forecast I usually leave it on I dont drive the truck that much in the winter when Im not plowing and work is only a few miles away. Long trips or to work on it, it always comes off.

17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Mine use to come off every time i was done plowing but this yr I dont drive it every day so it just stays on unless I need the truck and its not snowing.

18. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i only take it off cause its my daily driver and to top it off its only a 1500!

19. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Plows stay on unless we need to jack/hoist truck up due to new exhaust or something. They are dedicated to snow and we have others we can drive for other duties.

20. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

My Cummins is a dedicated plow truck, so my Meyer (which is a pain to take on and off) stays on from about November 10 to April 1. I have another truck that is my daily driver. I used to take it off when we had a week or two without snow until one morning I woke up and we had 5" of snow and my plow wasn't hooked up and the pins were frozen, so it stays on now. My truck is always hooked up, loaded up, fueled up, and ready to roll.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011