1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on new truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RhinoL&L, Jul 8, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

I am hopefully getting a 2000-2004 ford f250 psd and was wondering if the mount carton from my 1999 f 150 that the plow is on now would fit on my new f 250. It is the ez mount plus. Can i take the mount off the f 150 and put it on the f250. Or will I need a new mount
    thanks
    shawn

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you need a new truck side mount Central Parts Warehouse on the sponsor board above has them.They also have the modules needed to make the headlights work if needed.
    Try going to the site and matching numbers searching on one truck vers the other.
    For the most part, Ford uses the same frames for many, many years on the light trucks. It's just what is bolted to them / length that varies. You could sell the old truck side mount on the used equipment for sale forum if the one you have does not fit.

3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing. The frames should be about the same for the years mentioned. The only concern would be the length, or how many adjustment pin holes you would have or need to achieve the correct "attack" angle of the plow.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Your right, because the heavier rated truck will sit higher.
    My family asks how I can tell at a glance that it's an F250 or 350.
    It's the stance, they sit higher look more heavy duty!