1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on new d'way??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by porabjr, Aug 23, 2013.

1. porabjr

porabjr Member

a question for the experts... I had a new asphalt d'way installed 3 weeks ago now. That is where i will be putting the plow so i can get into my garage again. Suggestions for what i should put plow on to avoid putting marks in new d'way. Was considering plywood/OSB and 1X4 under blade?
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would find somewhere else to put your plow. One hot day can can soften new blacktop and even on ply wood, the plow could leave marks in the blacktop. Did my driveway last year and on a hot summer day it still got soft enough for my grill to leave marks in it.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Put it in the neighbors driveway.
  4. porabjr

porabjr Member

ha, great idea except the rent he wil;l charge me will probably be more than i make plowing this year!
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Buy a sheet of 3/4 Advantech. A couple of 12" strips under the cutting edge to spread the weight so there's no dent and rust mark. Something similar under the foot.

What kind and size of plow is it?
  6. porabjr

porabjr Member

8' Fisher MM2
  7. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

maybe a pallet or some strong 2x4's but made into a sheet form to take up the whole plow length
  8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

How about the garage or maybe just off the drive in the grass?