1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on my Dakota

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by brbcbrent, Jan 6, 2007.

1. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

Hi All,

new on the forum, with a quick question, I just bought a house with a 200' drive and I got a lead on an old Meyers 6.5' electric over hydraulic plow for $200 that came of an 87 Bronco II As you can see the drive is flat and unpaved, and the only reason for having the plow would be for convenience and the need to plow again (I used to run a CAT loader on a hospital contract and I miss it terribly) - no lowballing or working anyone else's lot/drive.
    Your thoughts?
    The truck is a 2001 Dakota Sport 3.9 2WD L/S with BFG A/T's

Campbell Reid 016.jpg

Campbell Reid 017.jpg

My Truck 004.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2007

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

watch the tranny on the dakotas, my brother blew his tranny at 31k on his 2002 dakota v8 while plowing. so take it easy, and go nice and slow.
  3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i wouldnt put a plow that heavy on a 2 wheel drive ... you can skate buy with Snow Bear ... but thats it ... ball joints are toooo week on the 2 wheel drive models ... Dakota 4x4 models are a lil different .
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would not do that thats just me i had a 93 with 5.2 and i never had a problem with the tranny
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, I wouldn't do it. I would look for a beater yard truck to mount the plow on.