1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on my 04 2500 with 6" lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Steve2042, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Steve2042

Steve2042 Junior Member
    from Maine

Ok... Im sure this question has gone around on here before but I cant find any threads about it. I have a 2004 chevy 2500hd with a 6" pro comp suspension lift and 35" tires and I want to put a plow on it. I have had trucks with plows all my life and this is my first truck with out one... I know it is possible because i have seen it done. I only plan to do maybe 5 driveways with including my own. I dont really care what brand of plow, I have always had fishers but have heard that boss plows are the easiest to adapt. Any input would be great. Pics of a lifted chevy with a plow would be even more helpful. I am new on here and thanks in advance!
    -Steve

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have seen lots of modifyed plows here for lifts. most act seem to be fishers.

try a search or 2 for lift / lowered / modifyed and see what ya get.

i would post pics but thay dont let you repost pics loaded already here. :rolleyes:

hopethis helps.

and doing lifted trucks for years the ifs gm stuff and lifted and plow might be a time boom .

3. Steve2042

Steve2042 Junior Member
    from Maine

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

4. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

i took the 4" lift out of my 2000 2500 to put a plow on it; in hindsight I wish I hadn't...It plowed the same once I sold it (the next owner wanted the lift back on so I did it) what matters is that you don't plow like a maniac (ram the piles of snow) and weld on the IFS braces mentioned on the sticky forum

5. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

boss plow mounts integrates a way to adapt the mount for lifted trucks im sure it would be easy to add on to the draw bars to lower the mounts