1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow On Lifted Trucks?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Cfdff85, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

My buddy was talking with me and we got into a conversation about putting plows on a lifted truck. Does anyone know of a plow system designed for lifted trucks? Or any one know of a successful plow mounted to a lifted truck. Cause I am assuming your going to have to drop the mounting bracket the same amount if not a little more than the height you lifted your truck.
    He had a 99 dodge ram 1500 ext cab sport with a 3in lift and he had a meyer plow on it. That he now has on his 2003 F- 250 ext
    Joe :waving:
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  2. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

I've got 4 inches of suspension lift in my 79 Ford F150, no body lift. I welded and gusseted new ears on the plow mounts that accommodate the lift. I only went about 2 1/2 inches on the ears and raised the plow guides so I could still see them.
    It's works okay for roads and driveways, but I don't think it is any higher than the f350's and 2500's I park next too.
  3. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

what about a 6" suspension lift on a 00' silverado sitting on 33" tires?
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

That's too much. Way too hard on the suspension.
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Mines got about 3" suspension lift (approximately) and 3" body lift. We took a factory pushbeam and made the brackets to hold them the right length (and suitable thicker material) to set it at the required height.

Anyone handy with a welder and fabricating can do this.
  6. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

We fabed Extentions on a boss mount on a lifted 04 Super duty if you know anyone that needs the demension let me know i can get pics and so on