1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on lifted truck?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wiggit, Mar 11, 2006.

1. wiggit

wiggit Junior Member

can a new boss plow be put on a lifted truck? i have a 2000 f 250 4x4 v10 crew cab with a 5 1/2" lift. western said no and have not had any luck with e mail from boss. can a bracket be made?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If there is a will there is a way.
    Your going to have to fab, alter one.
    why the 5 1/2" lift on a 3/4 ton?
    If you want to go wheeling get a Jeep.

3. wiggit

wiggit Junior Member

i liked what the truck looked like and it was at the right price. use it for towing roofing stuff and my 84 toyota 4x4.

4. GA73

GA73 Member

buddy has a 2003 250 super duty. don't know how high the lift is but he runs 35" tires. he has a boss plow on it no custom brackets. dealer installed

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

buddy has 04 F-350 6in lift 2in body 810 blizzard no mods

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I don't know what to tell you guys other than maybe my truck was higher to start with???
    I have 31" tall tires. I installed the #46 & #47 springs,(dodge) I think they give me a 2"- 3" lift and with that I have to have the mount in the bottom holes. That puts the bar it mounts to at 14" off the ground. With the plow on the ground the push frame is level.
    I guess you will have to put a mount on and find out?... It sounds like you would have to modify one?? You will need one any way so put it on and lets see. You can Mod it later if you need to. JM.02

7. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

with the newer boss mounts all it would take would be to weld on an extension to the hitch sides that go up the the frame. They are already adjustable with the different holes for the bolts. Couldnt you just weld on tabs to the bottom and extend those side plates with holes and just bolt in the middle section lower? You would just have to find a way to reinforce it to make sure its strong enough.
    Just a thought
    Evan

8. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sure any good welder/designer can fabricate something to lower the mount point for you that is extra strong. Unfortunately it is just not feasible for the plow manufactures to accommodate the few trucks that are lifted that high.

If you mount it with the truck lifted the blade most likely will not trip right and may damage the frame as well as wear the edge faster because your pushing down not forward.

Good luck! Yaz