1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on lifted ford

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by WHITE-FORD-F250, Sep 6, 2011.

1. WHITE-FORD-F250

WHITE-FORD-F250 Junior Member

Whats going on everyone.

I just bought a 2005 ford f250 from a dealer. its in amazing condition. but the only thing is that its lifted only 3 inches. When I bought the truck the guy who had it before me had a plow on it but took everything of of the truck push plate,wiring etc.... The thing is do i need to modify any of the mounts when I buy a plow. I heard from some people your good with no modifications up to a 4 inch lift and just mess with the chain to the plow..

If anyone can help that would be cool.
    Thanks for your time- Tom

here are some pictures to get a idea.

truck.jpg

250.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

is it a suspension lift or body lift?? because if it is a body lift the frame of the truck will still sit at stock height and be fine for putting a plow on....and if it is a suspension lift 3" isnt that much of an adjustment..i mean the front end on 2 different brands could be 3 inches difference. im willing to bet whoever installs your plow will be able to compensate for the extra 3 inches of height. good luck with your search!

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

tow hooks and bumper all in correct places. so i be sayin 2"-3" lift/leval kit was installed in the front .

and if body lift you loose the tow hooks and the bumper moves up so you would see bottom of the frame rails.

and try and get the plows aframe triangle as close to leval as possible on the truck the way you will be plowing with it.

4. WHITE-FORD-F250

WHITE-FORD-F250 Junior Member

Thanks yall for your help. Its a suspenion lift.Just talked to a guy who installs plows he said it would be no big deal to smack a plow on there!

5. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Next time if you are buying a truck that has been plowed, buy it with the plow on it. If it has been pre-abused at least get the plow outta the deal. If I'm buying a used truck, even to plow with I don't want it to have been plowed (ie. possibly abused).

6. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

Nice looking truck, my truck had the same lift on it. And my shop was able to do it with no problem.

Let it snow, let it snow and snow more :)