1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on dodge ram 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by lueful, Oct 29, 2006.

1. lueful

lueful Junior Member

i want to put a plow 7.6 foot plow on would that be o.k.

2. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

should be perfectly fine for your half ton.

3. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I love my 7'6" meyer on my 1500:bday:

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Had a 7'6" BOSS on my 2001 Dodge 1500 QuadCab

5. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

I got a 2001 with a sno-way on and maybe a 1 inch of sag in in the front.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

We've had an 8'2" Boss V on our '96 since new. No more or less problems than our other vehicles.

PS We're at 160K on it right now.

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I had a Blizzard 760LT on a 04 1500 QC with no problems.

8. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

On a 1500? :dizzy: :nono: Dammmmmmmmmmmmm

9. Mark Oomkes

Had the tranny rebuilt last year and some rear end work the year before, but other than that nothing major. Truck is still a very strong truck. And now that you can't buy a short box regular cab, I plan on keeping it for a long time. It has the 318, which goes just about forever. That tranny rebuild was the second one, first time was under warranty the first year.

10. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

wonder why they did away with the shortbed reg cabs :\ guess my 05 will have to last me a while as well.

11. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

I have had a Western Pro Ultramount on mine for a few years now and it works great! I upgraded the springs on the front end so it handles more weight and I always use rear ballast. I live about 30 miles from where you are in Geneseo, Illinois.

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL... A tranny and a third member "nothing major":rolleyes:
    Other than the engine what is there?:confused:

Sure, those things could happen to any truck.. but...
    What would you call some thing major??:waving:

13. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Ive seen many many 1500s with plows, should work perfect if you take care of it.

Dodge not gonna make short bed regular cabs anymore?? who in the world told you that crap!! I highly highly doubt that has ANY truth to it, plus ive seen 07 short bed reg cabs on autotrader. haha

14. Mark Oomkes

SnoFarmer, considering it's a half ton pickup with 160K on the ticker and it's a gasser, seems like there could be a whole lot more work that we could have done. And it's carried an 8'2" Boss it's entire plowing life, and some of the trailers it's pulled, I'm very happy with it.

15. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

just went to build a dodge on dodge.com, and wont do anything other than LWB 2 doors. Maybe a fluke>? if not, its a bad decision on their part, as its a perfect truck to get around the city.

16. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

just bought a long bed 1500, they had two 06 short beds right next to it.

17. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Just get Pushy!!!!

:waving: Lueful,
    Just to add to the gang here. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, I have a 7' 6" Western Uni-mount on her. Timbrens, a stiffer shock and 10 ply tires. We get Pushy! :nod: I just read a thread where they were talking of putting stiffer springs on? The springs from a 2500 or 3500. Definately a stiff ride but, I think it would add to helping the front end survive? wesport

Pale Rider :gunsfiring: