1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on dakota??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgeguy99, Jan 31, 2007.

1. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

my brother has a 1999 dodge dakota 318 V8 4X4 reg cab short bed and he is interested in doing some plowing with it mostly driveways and small commercial lots my question to you guys is what plow is the best for this truck thanks in advance for the replys.

2. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd go with a 7.5' Fisher LD. It'll work out great for you.

4. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

just bought a sno-way for my 04 .Have been pleased so far.26 series didnt have to drill any holes,everything was bolt on and go.Got the down pressure and wireless remote.plowed almost 40 hours with it last week.

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

What he said!

6. ADK

ADK Member

Dodgeguy99.....This is my first year plowing with a 04' quad cab, with the V8 and I'll tell you we had 28" last Wednesday night and I was at the limit (read Past the limit!!) of the truck with a 7.5' Fisher. Smaller storms were no problem. but a big one like this and you'd better plow fast and often. Good luck....

7. YardMedic

Honestly, any truck pushing a foot of snow is gonna feel like it's working. I don't care who it is, 1/2 ton truck or Freightliner, pushing 28" isn't gonna happen all at once without beating your truck. Everyone knows you plow with a storm, and I'm a total advocate of 4-6" at a time. Multiple visits to each account? Absolutely, and multiple charges? Absolutely. Dakotas are larger than Tacomas & can handle the larger plow. I say the same for the Tundra since that came out & has grown in durability.

Good luck!

~Kevin

8. YardMedic

double post -- sorry