1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on cat

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Aug 29, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

how well will a bobcat plow a street with a plow its a brand new s150, only has one speed and I never plowed with a skid before. Was thinking of a v-plow or blizzard 810 anyone?
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Do a search. There is tons of info on this. Basically, in certain parking lots it will do it in half the time a truck can. On open stuff it is slower. If it gets real heavy or has ice underneath the snow you run out of traction. Overall they are great though.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8' protech, and get some rear chains since is a going to be a little light pushing it. Or get the counter weight kit for it.

Will defently move some snow.
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

every commercial company should have at least one. been using one since 1999. plow with a meyer HM (heavy municipal) 9' with wings. 1200 lb plow. works great. it'll beat our trucks in almost every instance. only a couple draw backs......12mph transport speed, and comfort level after a full night.
  5. Jay brown

IMO i wouldn't buy a pick up plow. i'd buy a big truck plow. i bought my two meyer hm's for $500 each. and they had VERY little use. one is a 9 and one a 10.
  6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Personally If you are plowing a street, a bobcat might not be the right machine. Definately not with a push box. A 150 is not a big machine and I think you might run into trouble when the snow gets deep and pushed the machine sideways. I would put an 8 foot plow or smaller on it.

But thats just me.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto. I don't think they work well for street plowing, not enough speed to roll the snow. For tight areas or small lots, you should be fine.
  8. MnM

MnM Senior Member

it would work in conjunction with two other plows. The cat with plow would do the side streets and parking spaces and the trucks would do the main roads. I was thinking a v-plow so It would be even more effective in small areas. I wanted to know if the s150 being so slow would plow well. I know its not too heavy but I will have trucks for the heavy stuff
  9. Jay brown

okay i agree with you guys, i was refering to commercial plowing (commercial lots). the city and county do all the streets here.