1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on back

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by Snap-n-go Plow, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Snap-n-go Plow

Snap-n-go Plow Junior Member

Is it easy to back up and plow? Is this just a residential/homeowner plow?
  2. drag_slick

drag_slick Junior Member

It's not too bad, but I wouldn't want to have to do my whole road that way. I'll put it on back then back out of my garage and up my road a ways but then I'll pop it in the front and finish off. I've got 700' to maintain and I wouldn't want to do it all in reverse.
  3. 98tacoma

98tacoma Junior Member

I've never plowed in reverse, although I could I guess. I think most owners get the front hitch and attach it that way. As far as it being a homeowner plow, yeah it is. I wouldn't want to try to make money with it, since it does have its limitations, although it has always exceeded my expectations
  4. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

I have used mine on the back(97 s-10 blazer) but it's not nearly as nice as looking forward.I had it on a friends front wheel drive car on the back(and the dang thing worked good)I think it was because you never got into trouble with the drive wheels nearing a drop off or into the deep plowed snow.Plus all the weight is over the drive wheels.I really surprised what it would move.