1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on AWD Wagoneer?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by APBAinMaine, Apr 12, 2009.

1. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

Okay, this may be a dumb question, but can I put a plow on an AWD Wagoneer?

I currently have a 2001 TJ with a Homesteader (and despite it being panned all over this site, it's been a great plow and done much more than my driveway -- I live on a poorly maintained private road), and I'd really like to get it off there and reclaim my Jeep as a Jeep. I also am a gigging musician and need to move lots of equipment at times. Wife used to have a Cherokee, but it got tired and she went with a car. Trying to move recording/performing equipment in an Altima gets taxing quite quickly. So, long story longer, I really need an SUV. I check out a nice Suburban, but it's more truck than is practical in my driveway. There's a Wagoneer for sale in town, but I don't see any 4WD controls, so I assume its AWD (being that it's Easter Sunday, I haven't called, yet). I know the Homesteader will have to be sold separately, but can an AWD vehicle plow?

Thanks in advance, and please don't bite the newbie.:jester:
  2. chew246214@aol.

chew246214@aol. Member
    from 02809

absolutly, it's a quadratrac the switch would be in the glovebox for 4lo... my first plow truck was a wagoneer with this setup... couldn't stop it... jackass me decided that the streetsigns that were used for the floor was getting to be too much since every puddle I went through I got wet I scrapped it... I have a j10 now which I also love.....
  3. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

This thread got way behind the story. ID'd the plow wrong (in truth, I let someone argue me out of the plow I had, "They won't put a minute-mount on a Jeep," but in 2001, they would). Long story longer bought a truck to match a HS plow, learned I had the plow wrong, they said, put it on anyway. New plow truck is a 97 Expedition, Wagoneer is off the table (which sort of bugs me b/c that was the truck I really wanted.:cry:
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Where in Maine are you?
  5. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

York County