1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on an 90's international low profile dump?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alldayrj, Oct 15, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Interested in seeing if any of you guys run plows on these trucks? Finding a 550 thats priced right seems impossible and i found an international thats in great shape. Its a 4700 with the 444(7.3). 80k miles and automatic. Just seems like the bumper is so low it would need to be removed. Ideally i would like to put a BOSS on it so i can switch with my 250 for convenience but I'm open to whatever works. I know its impossible to plow with since its 2wd but I'm willing o give it a shot(joking)

2. DLMINC

DLMINC Junior Member
    from MI

I have a blizzard 8611 on my 2000 4700 low pro. It's an old tru green truck. Enabling and son installed it. With salt in the back it is a tank. Love it. Going to add one to my 99.

3. alldayrj

Any pictures please? Need to motivate dad with how awesome it can be

4. DLMINC

DLMINC Junior Member
    from MI

I was just looking. The only ones I can find are on our website. Look under snow plowing and wait for the slide show to go through. Dykstralandscape.com. not the greatest pics bit it proves it can be done.

5. alldayrj

The blizzard is a cool plow, definitely wouldn't mind one. If you get a chance one of these days i would like to see the mount. I can send you my cell # if its easier to txt or email

6. alldayrj

And can mods change the title to 90's and 2000's? Totally spaced and forgot how long they made these trucks.

DLM, which motor do you have in yours? Auto trans ? beautiful truck

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  7. LON

LON Senior Member

Here's a newer one we did for a customer up in Erie.

iPhone pics 318.jpg

iPhone pics 319.jpg

iPhone pics 314.jpg

8. LON

LON Senior Member

Upfitted quite a few 4700 2wd back in the 90's. Only took pics with 35MM camera back then and don't have any scanned in.

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

I had the exact same thing. Only wish I had would be if it was automatic. It was a beautiful truck and great plowing!

10. alldayrj

Did it have the 444 too? Thanks for the pics Lon

11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

All,,,we have a low pro with a unimount set up if that might help,,its also running central hydos just for the plow. 7.3 and auto

12. alldayrj

Cool man how do you like it? Any pics? I looked at one with centrals for plow and sander but it was a manual. Really a shame since it also had the 466.

13. dieselss

I personally don't plow with it. I can take some pics when the tk comes back comes back for the day. I can say its a universal western hd mount. Not sure if boss makes one or not

14. alldayrj

That would be much appreciated.
    These trucks seem to be kinda rare. I don't understand why there arent more of them taking the place of 550s etc. they are the same size with up to 5 or 6k more payload on a heavier chassis

15. dieselss

All...I didn't get a chance to get any pics today. I'll do it tom

16. alldayrj

17. alldayrj

no rush man, thanks

18. DLMINC

DLMINC Junior Member
    from MI

444e. Auto trans. Love it. I'll get some better pics for you.

19. alldayrj

Much appreciated.
    I'm glad to hear so much great feedback on these trucks. Seems like 550s have mixed reviews but these 4700 s are knockouts. I would share pics of the truck i want to buy but now I'm scared one of you may snake it lol

20. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Here is one we have for mag..[​IMG]