1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on a truck with 6 inch lift

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jjd, Nov 6, 2008.

1. jjd

jjd Junior Member
    from newyork

I need to know if it is possible to put a plow on a 2001 gmc sierra 1500 with a six inch suspesion lift and if so what do I need?

2. m2low

m2low Member

you will have to move the mount down 6 inches, loosing all that lift in the front - and even then it wont be quite right... lifted vehicles are not for plowing snow, besides the mount will be all out of whack, the weight of the snow pushing up on the frame which will cause structure damage, instead of pushing back on the whole frame as it was designed to - trucks can handle a plow, but even at stock there is good risk of frame damage, I would not plow with anything lifted for risk of folding the frame up beyond any feasable repair.

3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

there are a few threads on here about this, just search for lifted trucks.

Ity can be done but you would have to have the mount fabbed up. better off fabbing the mount to reach lower than moving the hold mount down.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like Sech mentioned, do a search here you'll find hours of reading. But if you want the cliff notes.....

....no, not effectively. 6" on a half ton IFS truck it too much.