1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on a jeep?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtremesuperduty, Dec 11, 2003.

1. xtremesuperduty

xtremesuperduty Junior Member

did any one ever plow with a jeep grand cherokee ? i cant find a plow for one at all. I have a 94 grand cherokee sitting here and thought it would be easier to do driveway with than the f250.

2. plowguy01886

plowguy01886 Junior Member

Hi xtremesuperduty,

There have been a *lot* of posts on this topic. Best to just do a search and read them. Bottom line is you really don't want to use a Grand Cherokee. A few of us use *non grand* Cherokees (sports, classics). I used a Jeep Comanche Pickup for about 5 years. The Grand is just not strong enough for pushing, thus nobody makes a plow for it.

Good Luck.

-- Dean

3. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

You really really shouldn't put a plow on a uni-body suv! There is not a solid enough frame there to mount a plow to. I've seen a few Cherokee's with plows but I'd really only use them for doing a driveway. Most manufacturers wont make a plow for a uni-body because of liability reasons.