1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on a international 4700 low profile

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by eze, Dec 12, 2010.

1. eze

eze Junior Member
    from Mass

I have an international 4700 low profile with the t444e engine that i am thinking about putting a plow on. Does anyone have experience plowing with these trucks? any recommendations on what brand plow and size. Some pictures of the mount would be helpful.

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I plow with a 99 international 4700 , 444 with the 6+1 standard tranny. Mine is not the low-pro
    but reg susp with 11R 22.5 tires, 25500 gvw. I have the fisher 10' MC plow and just switched
    to a swenson undertailgate electric.
    The good- excellant visibility, I can see the whole plow.
    I can carry 6 tons of salt legally, can fit 8 tons physically.
    The turning radius is better than my chevy p/u sb ec
    10 ft plow, moves a ton of snow.
    cons- standard trans, pain in my knee. reverse,5mph has forced me to develop some crazy plow patterns
    traction - terrible, tried chains last year , unstoppable, pushed like a tank.rough ride and slow traveling
    I just purchased really aggressive lugged rear tires, hoping this will help along with the extra weight i'll be carrying with the under tailgate sander as opposed to the 2yd v box i've used in the past.Going to investigate siping tires and or trying those screw in studs
    In a perfect world i would rather plow with a smaller 4x4. But i own the truck and figured it was better to put it to work it for the price of plow ( summer cash deal installed 5000.00).On my wish list is a 4x4 chevy 5500.
    Don't know if that helped or not. I'll take some pictures of the fisher mounts.
  3. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Your only gonna be able to put a meyers or western 10' blade on this. the reason is with it being so low you don't have the clearence for a bigger push frame. Sometimes a plow that size is going to feel way to small but your limited due to the low pro ride. Other than that The internationals work really well for plowing. I use one where I work now and I had one at my last employer. Now I don't know how much snow you get where your at, but If you do use this for plowing, and get a good amount of snow, if this truck has air brakes I would recomend getting ON-SPOT automatic tire chains for it.
  4. eze

eze Junior Member
    from Mass

thanks for the responses my truck is an automatic which may make it a little easier. and i dont have air so the chains are out. I currently plow residentials with a 1 ton with 8 foot blade but am hoping to get into commmmercial lots. Just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to use this truck, or be better off staying where i am. Im in south eastern massachusetts and you never know what kind of season we will have. It may take 1 or 5 seasons to pay the plow off