1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on a Ford Expedition?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Feb 12, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

I think I recall hearing you can put a plow on an Expidition.
    Anyone know the best type to put on one?
    Maybe a Meyer, Boss?
    Any help?
    Thx

2003 F350 Meyer II EZ Mount

2. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

I think meyer makes a spot/ute plow for the expedition. homeowner use only i believe. can't say that i would put a plow on a expedition however. :)

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

If you can I think it would have to be a light duty plow. Depending on your needs it might work. Research the web.

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I have seen a Boss V plow on a suburban and it wasn't a 2500. Brand new 2004 had a boss V. The guy does plowing in my neighborhood.

5. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

You can put most of the poly plows on the Expedition. SnoWay was first to have a subframe, but now there are others. Timbrens will probably be needed since the truck is sprung for comfort.

6. szippijr

szippijr Member
    from S.E Pa

Any plow compatible with the F-150 will be fine. A boss 7'6 standard will do the trick.

7. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

A guy around here has 2 suburbans with plows on them. The first time I saw them I wondered how good they would be but he does a pile of residential and they seem to work fine.

8. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I have know a guy with a western plow on his suburban and he seems to do fine with that. He has issues with his plow but his truck has been great for plowing. I would guess your ford would be the same.

9. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer Junior Member

You shouldn't have any problem with a Snoway that's like 18 or 20" tall.

10. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't an Expedition a F150 frame? I would go with a full size snoway. 7.5' Light but wide enough and tall enough for the vehicle.

11. tacraven

tacraven Junior Member

I have a 98 Ford F150 with a 7.5 snoway. It is a light plow and has the down-pressure system. F150s and Expeditions have the same frame. The OFF-ROAD upgrade is very important as to how well the front end will hold up. I have the 4x4 off-road package and it plows great. I plow a lot of residential accounts. good luck.

12. swolff

swolff Junior Member

Got one

You can and it will hold a plow. I have a 98 with a Snoway MT90 with only timberns on the front. I have a picture posted in the pic forum

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  13. swolff

swolff Junior Member

see my pic on profile

Mt 90 7'6"

14. do a search, I remember someone posting a pic of an expy with a blizzard (I think) plow. I assume that the truck is a pre 2003 model?

15. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict