1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on a budget... need advice!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Snowman LLC, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Snowman LLC

Snowman LLC Junior Member

I just bought a 1996 F250 crew cab, short bed diesel 4x4 for plowing and recreation purposes but blew most of my savings on the truck without a plow...

I was thinking if I installed (NEW) a western ultra-mount, isolation module and handheld control... then I could get by with a used blade this winter and just have to get a new blade next year???

Am I correct?

Besides the ultra-mount, iso module and control is their anything else im going to need to have installed that wont typically come with a used blade? Where is the cheapest place to find these items on net or near Detroit, MI? I know mechanics that will install the items in the garage probably cheaper then what a authorized western shop would...

Any help would be appreciated...

2. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

cragislist, there a few there

for the mount and iso and control you can get it online or go to cannon's in shelby twp

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have a complete Western Unimount setup for your truck if your interested?

4. Snowman LLC

Snowman LLC Junior Member