1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on 92 pathfinder

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by koopster, Dec 11, 2003.

1. koopster

koopster Junior Member

I picked up a 71/2 foot Fisher plow to put on the front of my 92 pathfinder, mainly because I got tired of pushing the snowblower around the driveway. Does anyone have any experience with Pathfinders and plows? Do I need to beef up the front end suspension or anything like that? I have put new heavy duty shocks on, but I am wondering if I need anything else.

I have never plowed before, and I must say this forum is really great for guys like me.

Thanks.

2. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

I've never seen a plow on a Pathfinder, but I've seen several on Nissan Pickups -- and they seemed to be fine. I'm not sure if there's a difference in suspension between the Pickup an Pathfinder. However, at 7 1/2' your plow is WAY too big -- for that plow, you should have at least a full sized half-ton pickup. You should be running a 6 1/2' on your truck.

If you're just doing your own drive, and it's flat and paved, then you might be able to get by with the 7 1/2' by putting some ballast in the box.

Good luck.

jp

3. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

I have a 99 Toyota and have a 6 1/2 Fisher Plow on it. I had to put timbrens in the front of the truck to avoid any sag. The 6 1/2 is the biggest I 've seen on the smaller trucks. I think if you put the 7 1/2 plow on that truck your going to be overweight which could cause some major damage to your Truck Front end.

4. koopster

koopster Junior Member

I stand corrected, it is in fact a 6 1/2 foot plow, not 7 1/2 as I first listed. I have looked on the timbren site but don't see anything listed for the front of a pathfinder. Maybe I need to look for some big coils or something like they use for the offroading stuff.

5. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

If Timbrens are not avaiable I would recommend putting the plow on and see how much sag if any you get. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me as I installed my own Fisher 6 1/2 this year

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

ive seen a few pathfinders with snowplows on them. they had meyer plows though. they seemed to plow just fine

7. koopster

koopster Junior Member

I find when the plow is up and on the front end only drops a very little. I will keep you posted after our next big snow.

As a side, should you always plow in 4h or 4l ?

Thanks

8. Fredeboy

Fredeboy Junior Member

i did see a 6 1/2 on a pathfinder once and did see a noticeable amount of sag in the front, did you consider a poly or some suspension changes to the front.