1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on 350 Ford Van

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by schlimmy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. schlimmy

schlimmy Junior Member

Could I put a plow on a 1990 Ford Van E350 and plow with chains?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Shure load the back up with sand. You want to know how well it will work. It will work as good as a 2WD F350.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It's been done, there is a guy around here with an old 4x4 Fed Ex van with a plow on it

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Ive see a few new chevy vans with 4x4 and plows on them

5. schlimmy

schlimmy Junior Member

Plowmeister, and how good does a 2WD F350 work?

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I see them plowing But I dont have time to watch them.

7. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

If you're thinking about doing commercial accounts, better set your sites on a 4X4. 2WD won't cut the mustard. You really need to load the back end down, and be sure to SECURE the weight from becoming a projectile in case of sudden stop.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

how would hook up frame it would the ground

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What?:drinkup::drinkup:

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the frame would hit the ground

11. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

My uncle has a post 2002 250 GMC van, and although it's powerful (tows like nobodies buisness), it spins the tires real bad in mud, I don't wanna see it on ice and packed snow. It was spining them with the tandem axle camper hooked to the rear end.

12. schlimmy

schlimmy Junior Member

I would only plow my own lot. Its about 20 parking spaces and I definitely use chains.

13. billfires

billfires PlowSite.com Veteran

Schlimmy, I think you will be alright so long as you use the chains and weight in the rear. A lighter weight 7 1/2 plow (maybe a Meyers ST-90) and some air bags for the front springs. You may have to custom make the plow frame.20 years ago there was a gentleman with a 2 wheel drive 1966 GMC pickup with chains and a load of sand in the bed and he could out push my 1978 Dodge Sno-fighter. Bill C