1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow on 2500HD with 3" body lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by timebomb9900, Jan 16, 2011.

1. timebomb9900

timebomb9900 Junior Member

I have 2008 Silverado 2500HD, with 33" tires, and 3" body lift... my question is would i have any problem putting a plow on this truck???... thanks for anyones help...

truck.jpg

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't see why you couldn't but I question how well you will do in the snow with the 33" tires since they are so wide and tall

3. timebomb9900

yeah you think id be better throwing my stock forged 16" back with the stock goodyears...? it would make big difference??

4. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

i run stock 16" tires (tall and skinny work the best IMO) with a 4inch suspension lift; no problems yet..

Tall and skinny tires are a world of difference in the snow. I had 12 inch wide 33's and kept spinning everywhere. -with 235 85 16" tires plenty of traction! who cares what it looks like when you're plowing anyway?

5. timebomb9900

yeah i will just put stocks back on... cool man thanks a bunch... and with suspension lift you dont have any problems with plow? did you have to do any fabrication?

6. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

you won't have any problems with body lift -it doesn't modify how the truck handles at all. I read on here that even guys with 6" suspension lifts plow without any mods. just have to put the plow on the lowest setting that's what I do.

7. Jumanji

Jumanji Junior Member

I run 285/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs on stock GMC wheels with a 3" leveling kit on a 2004 GMC 2500HD. The tires are almost 33" tall but no where near 12.50 wide. It does seem that narrower is better most of the time in snow. I have no issues plowing with this set up and it actually seems to work better than stock.

8. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Off topic....but Very nice truck sir!!

Wanna trade? :)

9. Tahoeplower

Tahoeplower Junior Member

Currently running 33x12.5's on a 6" lifted Tahoe. They suck. Too wide. First year plowing, but I know guys running skinnier tires aren't having the problems I am. With a 6" lift, I can't really throw anything under a 33" tire on there, it will look silly. So, currently looking into a 255/85/16. That equates to around a 33X10" tire. Nearly $200 a pop, though. The 33X10.5 with 15" rims (which are what the current tires are on) are considerably cheaper though. Considering those as well. Seems to be more options with those. You can only run them on 1500 trucks though, as the metric size is E rating, standards are C rated. I think in the long run, even for us 1500/150 guys the E rating will be more economical anyways. They would wear longer, while only $60 more for a set (comparing BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2, which are the only ones on tirerack in the metric size mentioned) Just food for thought for those guys looking into taller tires.

10. Tahoeplower

There's also a 33X9.5X15 BFG AT K/O for $160 a pop. Pretty good price. Again, C Rated, so 1500 guys only.

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fyi that dont do any good for most guys here. not going to get 15" rims over the 3/4 or 1ton brakes.

and the truck in the pics is the new body style of that vintage. thay have a vary square fender opening in them compared to the old body style of that vintage.

you realy gotto watch how big a tire you run or heavy trimming will need to be done on the bumper and inner fender and back of the fenders. thay will hit turning.

been there done that for lots of customers. payup

12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

plow will mount up fine with the body lift. nothing has changed on where the mount will mount. as for your tires. you will need to go to somthing skinnier. I plow with 33" tall tires, but they ar only 9.75" wide. It makes a huge difference.

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Cooper makes a 255/85, so does Interco. I don't think those BFG MTs are going to be much fun in the snow, unless you do lots of siping.

14. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I run 255/85 Mud-Terrains on my trucks. They are 33" tall and only 9.75" wide. They hook up great.

15. Tahoeplower

16. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

why would you put a body lift on a brand new truck like that

17. sweetk30

18. sweetk30

fast / easy / fit bigger tires / body lift will NOT effect the ride at all / no realignment needed / easy to do with comon hand tools at home.

19. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

cheap and less likely to void a warranty

20. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

it's gaf though, I mean on a beater rig okay, but that trucks gorgeous