1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow on 07 1500 crew

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fast86gn, Jul 4, 2010.

1. fast86gn

fast86gn Junior Member

I have an 99 tahoe that I bought last year for plowing. I removed the plow off my 2500 before trading it for the 07 new body silverado. I used it 4 times last year. I only do my driveway and my parents 1 mile away. I want to remove the plow from the tahoe and sell the tahoe. It seems a bit much to insure and register a truck just to plow with 4 hours a year. Also it is a very nice truck and good resale on it. I want to put the plow on my 07 1500 crew. My 07 has the front leveling kit, just a spacer plate under the front spring assembly. Could I use the timbrens still? maybe make a spacer for them? has anyone else put a plow on this truck and used another type of helper. I am not worried about warranty issues, I'm in good with the service advisor. My truck is a new body 07 1500 crew ltz. The plow is a 7.5 fisher. I will only buy new mounting brackets, the rest I will make work, as I have done on the last 4 trucks.
    Thanks.....Tom