1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow off '90 1500 pick-up fit a '99 Burb?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by shortlid, Aug 19, 2008.

?

Will the '90 1500 pick-up plow bolt to the '99 2500 Burb

1. Yes, direct fit

33.3%
  2. No he needs a new plow

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shortlid

shortlid Junior Member

I have a frend that has a old 1990 Chevy 1500 4wd pick up with a plow on it. He wants to mount the plow to a 1999 Chevy Suburban 2500,with 454 power, and 4wd he just found. Will it bolt-up?:confused:

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

If it's a speedcaster or whatever the old model plow you have is, I would have to say probably not. Put up a little more info on what plow it is and someone can help you out.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

May need a few holes fitted and trimmed due to slight variations through the years and depending on what brand and style of plow it is, but as long as the Sub is the '88-'98 classic body style (it should be in '99) it'll fit.

Why the poll? Its a yes or no answer. :confused:

4. shortlid

shortlid Junior Member

Cause I all ready have two answers, wanted to see what the consensus was.;) I will get model and brand off the plow and post thanks guys.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

im not even sure what i just voted on:rolleyes:

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So it's a test... :jester:

And I think Icey failed.. :D

7. shortlid

shortlid Junior Member

Fisher

It's a Fisher Plow he is geting the model # tonight!

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Outta luck if its a Fisher.

Mounts aren't the same on the Fisher stuff between the 1/2 and 3/4 GM's (8 lug) of that body style.

9. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

That burb should have red turns. 1999 was the last year for the GMT-400 Burbs' then the GMT-800 burbs' came in late 1999 as 2000 model years. Not sure if there is a difference in the frames but the entire C/K lineup was on GMT-400 and the burb was on GMT-410. There probably was a difference between 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton, not personally sure though.

10. shortlid

shortlid Junior Member

'99 change over year?

I though 1999 was a body change year maybe mid way though for the Burb so that the taillight trick might be a body style change clue. I guess I got had, kind of like blinker fluid. Thanks for the great help guys, NOT.:mad: So is this the way to tell the body change over or not?????

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod: me too

And I've seen the 2000 regestered as 1999. Same trick works for the 2000 vs 2000 classic pick up.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No, '99 wasn't the change over year across the board... only on the 1/2 tons. 3/4 tons could still be the old body style in 2000.

But it doesn't matter regarless...Fisher mounts for the 1/2 and 3/4 tons are DIFFERENT regardless (like I previously mentioned). So it doesn't matter if the tail lights are red, amber, pink, or blue w/ white pok-a-dots. Basher got ya.. :jester:

13. shortlid

shortlid Junior Member

OK, so he is out-luck, junk the plow of the 1/2 ton and buy a new plow for a burb.