1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow not working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Amos, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Amos

Amos Junior Member

I have a 7' speedcast with the Electric Hydraulic Pack, which worked a week ago when I put the blade on, however now it will not raise or move lt or rt. I originally thought the solenoid had expired becasue the motor never started to run when raising or moving lt or rt, so I changed it out, and still no luck.
    The solenoid is getting the power because it clicks when the stick controler is placed in the raised, lt or rt position, however the motor never cranks up. I have checked all the connections, battery is good too.

Any ideas? Can the pump be hydro locked somehow? Could the motor be bad - although it worked last week?

Any thought would be most appreciated. Thanks.
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Hook up a set of jumper cables from the battery to the plow motor (very briefly) and see if it runs, if the motor does not work with the direct power supply it's toast, if it works your losing your connection somewhere.
  3. Amos

Amos Junior Member

Thanks, the motor is gone, did not run after I bypassed the normal system. Heading to get the new motor tomorrow, hope they have one in stock.

Also, I noticed there are some on e-bay, they look like an aftermarket part anyone had any luck with these units?

Thanks for the guidance, I do appreciate it.