1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow not working (sno way newbie)

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by azpaquin, Dec 25, 2006.

1. azpaquin

azpaquin Junior Member
    from 05673

i am new to plowsite.com (nice forum).

not new to plows or hydraulics. we are expecting some snow up where i am tomorrow and i am helping a friend in need to get his plow up and going today (merry christmas) but notice that the solenoids are clicking away, but not activating anything.

he has a snoway "lobo" 28 series plow. 28d101525

we troubleshot the motor (works) switches in the cab of the truck (all work). the plow sat for over two years. (i pray to god his hydraulic lines hold up). i am thinking these solenoids may be stuck or something like that.

any pics on troubleshooting these? anywhere in the washington county area of VT to get some solenoids tomorrow?

thank you in advance for your help... :drinkup:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Jump the 12 volt solenoid ( under the hood) see if the motor runs.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go to snoway.com and look in the tech section. there are diagrams to help with whatever you need. Toby will also see your post and may send the link you need too. He is a very valueable asset to sno-way owners. tim:waving:

4. azpaquin

azpaquin Junior Member
    from 05673

thank you for the help...

on my way over in a few to try what you suggested.

anyone know someplace in vt (montpelier area) to get a solenoid for this plow?

the storm will be hitting tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Any one that sells snoway,western, fisher, boss, snowplows

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go to an autp parts store and get a heavy duty solenoid.

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Tim,

Thank you. I appreciate your kind comments. I am glad to assist where I can in helping people who own our products, or provide input where I feel it might add value to a thread.

Happy Holidays,