1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow not turning left!? snow is coming need help quick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mass1589, Dec 16, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

heyy guys i just hooked my plow up and it goes up down and right fine. but left nothing its like the motor jams. it clicks pump activates but no turn to the left.

its a fisher mm1 strait blade. the fish stik controller has 12 v and seems to be fine if all three other ways work,,

any ideas??

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Are all of your solenoids working properly?

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

thanks guys it turned to rain so first thing tomoro morning ill look into it!! ill let you know what i find!!

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

call me in the am frank i can talk u throw what useually is wrong if u cant fiqure it out

6. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

well i took the plug out saw a small amount of fluid...then there was a spring resting inside. i pulled the spring out and saw the poppet. how do i remove this part?? does it just slide out or unscrew?

the spring looks fine im not sure how to tell if any thing is broken

7. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

if the poppet is considered " stuck" or " jammed" does this mean when the spring and plug is removed it wont freely slide out on its own?

8. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

wow ok just went out and put the spring back in and screwed it down till i could hear back from someone. figured ide try it out ......works fine nice and smooth.

could the spring have been bound up or??

9. cubicinches

There is another part to the poppet assembly which goes into the valve block 90 degrees from the part which you're removing (look closely at the diagram). It too, has a spring and plunger. Remove both assemblies. Sometimes it will require a pencil type magnet, or a pair of needle nose pliers. Check for broken springs and any shiny wear marks on the plungers. I also clean the bores in the valve block with spray brake cleaner and blow them out gently.

10. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

thanks to morrisey i now know it is the fish stik controller!!!!!!!

dam i hate when these things break. i pmed the guy i bought it from to see what we can do about getting a new one.

11. cubicinches

Cool. Controller issues are quite common too. Glad it's all fixed up.

12. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

no problem good luck

13. martyrant

martyrant Member
    from Maine

How did you determine it was the controller? I am having the same exact problem (fisher plow turns right, up/down, but only ocassionally will go left [most of the time just the motor sounds like it's going but nothing moves]).

14. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Do u have a fish stik or joystick???

I plugged in another controller an had no issues. The fish stik is known to have problems with its mother board. If i pressed down very hard with a pen or screwdriver it wud work sometimes but the controler worked fine and another friends fish stik worked fine. I jus got a new one in the mail today im gonna swap out the motherboard and see how it goes

15. martyrant

martyrant Member
    from Maine

It's a joystick, so I guess I should probably take a look at what the others were suggesting earlier to you.

Thanks, I wasn't exactly sure the difference between a fish stik and a joystick (just looked it up though).

16. cubicinches

Joysticks fail just as often as hand held controllers. It wouldn't hurt to try another one.

17. martyrant

martyrant Member
    from Maine

Mine is just the one with a ground to turn it on/off (with the two pull cables), I don't have access to another one--would it be worth opening the controller up to see if it's making the ground correctly? I'm not sure what else would fail inside it.

Thanks