1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow not sitting right

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Riccas, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Riccas

Riccas Member

In the V position, say when i am parked, the wing endges touch the ground but the center does not fall to the ground, it is up a good 4-6". It also does not come down while plowing. This is on my 8.2 XT plow, my regular poly 8.2 on the same truck is fine. I noticed the trip tension seems to be more on the XT, perhaps just loosening the 4 springs on the bottom are in order?

Thoughts?

TIA!!
    -- Rick

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a new issue and up 4-6" in the center, sounds like the center bumper pad is missing thus allowing the center tower to be too far back.

Have you checked it to see if it's still there? Sometimes the bolt falls out (under-tightened/no thread locker used) thus letting the pad fall off while plowing.

3. cplmac

cplmac Senior Member
    from Dundee

I'm having the same issue, happened when I replaced the ratty old cutting edges with those new high speed low drag formed cutting edges that BOSS has with the curb guards and center catcher formed on the edges. I don't have a center bumper, my guess is that's part of the problem. Are there any BOSS shops in the NW suburbs of Chicago BB? Thanks for sharing the wealth of information!

4. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Did you lift your truck? What is the height to the center of the eye hole on the truck side of the mount? I think it should be 14.5 to 16.5 inches. If that isnt it, maybe you need to adjust the rubber shim behund the hinge point on the plow.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Lifting the truck would raise the ends in the vee position, not in the the center.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's a ton of dealers in the Chicago area. To find the nearest one to you head over to the Boss website and punch your zip into the dealer locator.

7. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

good thinking...... Do you have a flat tire?

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When you plow is do ,push forward ,it should sit fine then.