1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow not sitting on ground when angled

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dodgefolks, Jan 31, 2009.

1. dodgefolks

dodgefolks Junior Member

Hi folks, I just found this site while googling a plow issue I'm having. so thanks in advance for any help. I have an 86 chevy truck that I recently put a used meyers 7 1/2' power angle plow on. now my problem is when the plow is angled the blade doesn't sit even on the ground. Its about a half inch off on the left when angled to the left and about 2" off on the right when angled to the right. the truck does have a 3" lift kit on it so the clevis height is higher then it should be. Any ideas on how to deal with this issue? Thanks.
    Steve

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And thats what is causing your angle issue. You need to get the mounting height down to where it needs to be. Either some custom fabrication on the mount to lower the attaching points, or raise/reconfigure the mounting pin ears on the A-frame. Either will work but reconfiguring the mounting ears on the A-frame is far more simple.

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i've been on this site less than a month but i can tell you this... listen to b&b. this guy knows what he's taking about:salute:

welcome to plowsite. you should post some pics of your 86. i have a (lol) 78. they make awesome plow trucksussmileyflag

4. dodgefolks

dodgefolks Junior Member

Thank you, I will have to play with it and see what I can do to get the mount height down. As for pictures this truck is nothing special, LOL. Just a rusty old chevy but I like her! :)

5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

In theory it's far better to lower the frame mount than to increase the pin height on the A-frame.

6. ncampbell

ncampbell Junior Member

I have a 96 chevy 1/2 ton and I gotta play with the mounting angle too. The plow was on a 93 Dodge 3/4 ton so I needed to buy the frame brackets for the Chev. There are three sets of holes on the plow to mount it and I have it in the bottom holes. It doesn't quite dig down far enough going forward because the plow is sitting slightly back on the cutting edge.( but it does backdrag nice ) Jacking the torsion bars up helped a little. Should I break the welds at the side to side pivot and move the top forward? Or make new holes where the push arms mount?

7. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

If i rememeber right Meyer recomends about 10 1/2 " off the ground..

8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yup. pushpins should be between10 1/2 and 11 1/2 inches off the ground.

9. ncampbell

ncampbell Junior Member

Cool, thanks guys, I'll measure it up today. I think there is enough metal to drill new holes but I'll know soon enough. :rolleyes: