1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow not setting correctly - need help fast

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lopomon, Jan 29, 2008.

1. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

hello everybody, i have the EZ mount express system. it's not setting correctly. i can use it just fine, but the plow isnt all the way on. theres a set of 2 hooks at the bottom, then another set on top of them. when i press the toggle switch to mount it, it doesnt go all the way up in the second set of hooks, leaving the plow very flimsy. the lockpin hole behind it is aligned correctly. the plow just has alot of play and i dont really know why. it may snow tonight so any help would be awesome, thank you. i dont really want to drive it in this condition.

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

So what you are saying is that the plow dose not mount to your truck completely. If that is the case it would drop and hit the ground or bounce back into the truck. So I guess we need more info so we can help you out with your problem.

3. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

well, it is mounting to my truck completely. it just has alot of play. i wish it were light out here now so i could take a picture

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

where r u at in cleveland and take a pic with flash

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yeah if you are close to any of us, Im sure we will be willing to help. Hey bud, dont get too crazy on worrying about snow. With the winds being 50-60 mph snow wont be much. I am on the east side in lake county if that is close to you I could help

6. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

im on the far west end of lakewood. my phone doesnt have flash. ill see if i can find a flashlight somewhere

7. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

ok got some pics:

[​IMG]
    this is the piece the next pic is connected to (the piece under the hooks) just off to the right of the picture.

[​IMG]
    this is one of the hook things. theres another on the other side. is the piece supposed to fit all the way up in there? thats where its loose, getting alot of play in that area. keep in mind my system is all automatic, e-68 pump, so i really have no clue what to do..

8. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

heres what it looks like in daylight. dont have any pics upclose

[​IMG]

9. KGRlandscapeing

i have never seen a meyer's express in person and is that all that the plow goes up? cause that pump looks closed to max in the last pic?

10. KGRlandscapeing

ok so u drive up plug it in it drops the top thing on too the top bar centers the whole thing then the bottom comes up and locks in to place?

11. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

it goes up more than in the last pic

12. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

yes, however, the part i took a picture of has some extreme wiggle left to right, its just not tight

13. KGRlandscapeing

is this the first time u noticed it or has it always been this way?

14. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

first time i noticed it. it couldnt have been like this for long or i definitely would have noticed it sooner

15. KGRlandscapeing

dose it look bent any where? give it a good swift kick

16. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

LMFAO:drinkup::drinkup:

17. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

how west sloane or west clifton ill take a look im just over th bridge in the yacht club

18. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

cordova to be exact. the street malloy's is on. you can call me if you need more specific directions. 440-728-1872

19. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i worked at that geppettos i know ex where your at

20. KGRlandscapeing

did u guys get that fixd