1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow not raising

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jdbconstruction, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jdbconstruction

jdbconstruction Junior Member
    from ny

I have a 2002-2004 ( not sure) MM1 8' straight blade that lifts very slowly, but angles normal. I was out plowing for 2 hours when all the sudden i noticed it lifting slowly, like 30 seconds for a full lift. It seems like a hydraulic problem but i am unsure. I took it back to shop and went over it with no fix. but we happened to switch wires from the s3 and s2 coils and it worked but hitting raise was now the right and hitting right raised the blade so i know it s not motor, but still confused. I assume its the s2 or s 3 valve or coils but have nt had chance to test. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Jesse

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

When was the last time you flushed the system and put new fluid, screen, and O ring in? It takes more PSI to raise it then it does to angle.

3. jdbconstruction

jdbconstruction Junior Member
    from ny

Update, it was the three wire plug for the three coils on pump, it was an aftermarket weather sealed plug when i bought it, but i guess the 2 times (3 hours total) of wny salt got to it

4. mikeglaser

mikeglaser Junior Member
    from alaska

Plow raises a few inches, and then quits...

My 2 year old HD plow just started doing this. I thought it might be just low on fluid so I topped it off (which took about a cup). I put new electrical grease on the connections. I thought there was some improvement, but now it seem to be bogging down again.
    Would shortening the chain help? The hydraulic cylinder ram is halfway extended when it starts to pick up the plow. Thanks for any suggestions.