1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow not moving

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Malakas82, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

i recently bought an 87 blazer with a 7 1/2ft meyer plow from my buddy for $150..he just bought another new truck for the fleet and got rid of the old truck..the plow worked just fine with no problems...then it stopped working...so we replace the motor and the solenoid under the hood..the pump kicks on and moves the plow left to right realllllllly slow, and only when its off the ground..it'll lift to tighten the chain but wont lift the plow up unless ur pulling up on it...ive been plowing for awhile but totally new to the maintenance..any help will be appreciated...im clueless

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Take the motor of and drain it.

Then change the screen.

Hope that helps.

I have a 88 and it would move left to right no problem but lifting it was a no go.
    A guy at Western told me to do above to see if it was just a dirty filter screen.
    It was.

Cheap fix if that is what it is.