1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow not moving

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ohiolawnguy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

I have a 8ft. blizzard plow with extendable wings, power hitch 1 i believe, and during the storm today. the plow ceased to function entirely. It won't lift, go right or left, and the drawbar for disconnect is unoperational as well. when attempting to lift or angle the blade, i can hear the motor run, just no response from blade. fluid level is good, not sure what to start investigating.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The motor is running when you operate the proper function correct?

3. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

yes that is correct.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Then either fluid or pump or coupling

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Thaw out if you can. Could be moisture in fluid froze up.

6. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

check the pressure on your pump there is a hand wheel with a alen bolt in the middle of it it controls the pressure on your pump turn it just 1/4 turn at a time and try that, I blew the internal seal out of my cyl and it acted thye same way wasnt leaking or anything externally, was bypaaing back into fluid tank might be another option

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Could be the pump.Theres a port on the drivers side to plug in a gage to check pressure.

8. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

check your grounds to the solenoids, your motor will work if the frame is grounded bit the solenoid grounds all come together and ground on a single bolt , if that bolt is loose then some or none of the solenoids will work

9. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

thanks for the help turned out to be the pump.