1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow not "connecting" to Truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Team_Arctic, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I have a ultramount on a 2010 3500 dump I took the plow off 2 or 3 days ago and it worked fine. Tried to hook it back up today and I have nothing. no power to anything . The lights dont switch over no blinkers no nothing. I followed all the wires and everything seems to have a good connection. I have good power to my controller trigger wire. I still get nothing. My thought would be that it is the 3 port Iso? Anyone have a similar? I put the plow on another truck this morning and the plow works fine. But that truck went to the shop this morning so I cant pull the iso off that truck to try it.

Also all fuses are good.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Is there a good connection at the plugs? Good amount of Dielectric grease? Could be the Iso Module....

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe try that tk with another plow. Does your controller work with the plow hooked up?? Light up,,, get the float light on ??

4. Team_Arctic

nothing turns on... it is a truck side problem I tried another plow and i still got nothing no glow in the controller no switching of the lights not a sign of life at all.. I can see the iso being out but what I dont understand is why or how when it worked 2 days ago and the truck has not done anything except sit. I just took the plow off to get the truck in the garage to change oil.

5. dieselss

Ok. You gotta start cking wires. Start with main gnd at the tk and then at the plow. That's what tells the ISO that the plows connected. I'm assuming you cked all the fuses for the plow correct ??
    Remember corrosion can and will happen in the blink of an eye

6. Team_Arctic

Checked grounds all seem to have a good connection no corrosion on anything checked all fuses for the plow. I am just gonna have to wait for my other truck to come back and swap out the ISO and see if that makes a difference. Maybe ill run to the shop in the morning and take it out.

7. Team_Arctic

I got my other truck back from the shop. I swapped out the iso.. no change. I changed out controllers. Nothing . I cleaned all the plug terminals and I still get nothing. The plow works on my other truck. I jumped the solinoid and the plow motor turns on. All grounds are good. All fuses are good. The wire harness is in good shape with no wear spots. The only thing I am unsure about. On my chevy( problem truck) there is a little black battery looking thing on the wire harness that connects to the A spot on the iso. There is not one of these on my dodge. I believe it is for the DRL but I am not sure. This was the only component I was not able to switch out.

I am kinda stumped on this one.

8. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

A friend of mine was confronted with a similar situation the other day. It took a little while but he was able to trace it back to a single wire that was rubbing on the hole near the headlights that it was routed through and making contact with the steel. I am unsure which wire it was but i will try to find out. The wire was cut and repaired with a heat shrink butt connector and put inside a piece of split loom to prevent further damage. All good after that.

9. MegaCabMike

MegaCabMike Junior Member

Sounds like you have a broken/loose wire and or pin causing it to not sense the plow.

10. dieselss

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  11. dieselss