1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Needed for TV COMMERCIAL in Chicago

Discussion in 'Networking' started by plowquest, Dec 1, 2014.

1. plowquest

plowquest Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a "WeatherTech" floor mats commercial in Chicago that is shooting this weekend.

We're looking to rent a Red Ford F-350 super duty or similar pickup with a plow to feature in the TV spot.

Must be a newer model, clean and without any body damage.

Thought I'd post here and see if anyone on this forum lives in the Chicagoland area and might be interested.

Vehicle would need to be dropped off in the city on friday, we shoot the commercial on sunday, vehicle would be ready for pickup on monday. The project would pay $600 for the vehicle and you would get to see your rig on TV!!

If Interested, please send photos to neander.jay@gmail.com.

thanks,
    jay

2. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

Is this what your looking for?

image.jpg

3. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

So.......I drop off my $50,000 Truck to you on Friday in Downtown Chicago.....You keep it 3 days and only pay me $600 bucks.....I bet my insurance company would love that.........:eek:

4. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

i bet the bird would jump on it.

im with you...alot of risk, little reward

5. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

even though i am far away, i know what i will do for you...you send me $600 and weather techs i will take a video for you in my new f550 and have it emailed to you by monday.

6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I smell a scam

7. plowquest

plowquest Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hey guys,

I can see how this offer might seem unusual, and if you're not interested I completely understand.

For anyone who may be interested, this is not a scam. This is the first time I've had to track down a snow plow but I do rent "picture cars" with some regularity. Sometimes classic muscle cars and sometimes we need nothing-special minivans. Generally paying $300, more if it's a muscle car etc.

The $600 was the number I was given, my apologies if that seems low, it's what I have to work with. I do have a few takers but if anyone is still interested my email is below, we are still looking for more options.

Regarding timeline, we would now only need the truck for 1/2 the day on sunday (not on friday as mentioned before). We can also provide a certificate of insurance that would make the production company liable for your vehicle while on set.

thanks for your time,
    - jay

neander.jay@gmail.com

8. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Bird better start painting his truck red after a **** load of bondo work :laughing:

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Here's what ur missing,Example

My 2014 super duty sticker is 66K plus 5K for plow plus all the extras I have, ur offering less then 1% of value. Now maybe 1K would sound better..... 2K I would wash it.....and u can pick it up across the street from the weather Tech office in DG

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  10. xgiovannix12

is that still even worth it ? :confused:

11. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Damn thats alot of coin for a plow truck i bet it's sweet though and even 1k is low even for my beater

12. Defcon 5

He is on it......He is building something special for the photo shoot.....:nod:

th.jpg

13. Defcon 5

Bragger........................:laughing:

14. 1olddogtwo

My dogs had a tug of war with my driver side mat yesterday.......did I also say I need a set of mats too?

LoL

15. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I don't know why you guys are beating this post up.

If you have your logo on the truck, it's free, or shall I say someone is paying you to advertis.

If they have all the insurance ddocuments, then I would jump all over it.

Unfortunatel, I own white trucks.. .. .

16. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Don't like the terms or amount..........don't take him up on the offer.

17. xgiovannix12

Im not beating it I dont own a new rig nor a red one :waving:

18. 1olddogtwo

I would pimp out the ride for some green, no white gold in site..... The B!tch needs to earn her keep.

19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

20. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

We need to move to Chicago, or New York. Half day call it six hours 100 an hour doesn't sound bad to me.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014