1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Music

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tony Bonventre, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

Hey, i know it is a bit off topic but does any one else have a plowing tape, or CD that they just pop in and listen to when they are plowing. I kinda prefer a bit of CCR Fortunate son what hell of a song to plow to. Although when I get going get into the music and everything is going great. Bam something goes wrong, but while it lasts I enjoy it.
  2. Exciteable

Exciteable Member

Geez....several I guess.
    At times though, I like some tunes that will calm me down a little.
    When I need a little calming down, i'll pop in something like Willie Nelsons "Stardust", or something like it.
    Try it....It works.
  3. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

I hear ya

The God Father trilogy, thats my calm down music!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have XM radio, so I can listen to any type of music... it's great, no babbling djs who think they are actually good!!!!!
  5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

All my plow truck has is the stock AM radio. I listen to talk radio all night long.
  6. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

I picked up a portable MP3 CD player with a cassette deck adapter so I can listen to like 80 songs without changin cd's.. Lots of old stuff.. Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Arlo Guthrie, Simon and Garfunkel.. The good ones..
  7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Theres nothing better pushin piles while Toby is playin on the cd player. " Whos your daddy whos your baby"......Rob
  8. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I switch music alot. Don't listen to the radio much unless I'm wearing the worktunes.

Usually listen to Chevelle, Disturbed, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, etc

And when I'm stressed or want to relax usually country Kenny Chesney, Joe Diffie, Brooks & Dunn, Shedaisy, etc

happy plowing :nod:
  9. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Old country for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

anything but country! HAte it!
  11. Beej1024

Beej1024 Junior Member

I guess this is about the best place to throw this in. I have XM Radio in the truck. It's great to bounce around have commercial free music. If it's real cold, nothing beats a little tejano~ music blasting here in New England.

I have my XM hard wired right into my truck. I can post some photos if there is any interest.

12. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

Snowplow song

If you go to Blizzard snow plows website, they have a song taking about Blizzard plows. I think the name of the song is the story of Hank. If you like country you will like this.
  13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I suppose I'll be listening to some of my favorites when I'm plowing. AC/DC, Chicago, Loverboy, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Foreigner, Los Lonely Boys, Don Williams, Johnny Cash; Lone Star, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, or even today's music like Matchbox 20, Smashing Pumpkins, Avril Livigne...anything but rap. What the hell is rap anyways? :dizzy:

14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Judas Priest, Slayer, Iron Maiden, all the 80's music. I always have East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed with me too.
  15. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

all country with a little bit of rock mixed in
  16. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

Depends mostly on mood but the majority of the time its sports radio.
  17. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Usually Squizz, channel 48 on XM or I'll pop in some Godsmack, Korn, Sevendust, or the like.
  18. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Queen - 'Queen Rocks'....... features rock hits of Queen.
  19. DJC

DJC Senior Member

YUP.............. I have listened to it many of times. Goes good with our new 8-10 Blizzard :)
  20. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I'll usually listen to the radio, if there nothing good on I'll pop in a cd. It's either Linkin Park Hybrid Throry or Meteora, Godsmack, Limp Bizket, Eminem, Trapt ect.