1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow moving slowly up and angling

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Henry0016, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

I am out plowing the plow was working fine for about a half hour. when it started to raise up very slow and also angles very slow.checked the fluid it was low so I added it. Still same problem any help with this would be a great help

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

what color was the fluid? was it cloudy? its getting real cold out seems like you starting to ice up

3. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

is there a way to deal with this

4. BigDave12768

What kinda plow you got mm2 or mm1? The real way to deal with it is drain and do a filter while you are at it. PLus also use the Fisher Hydolic fluid not tranny fluid. Did you put tranny fluid in a mm2 insta act?

5. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

It is a mm1 with the sehp

so just drain fluid from drain on bottom of pump,change filter and refill

6. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

how do you get all the fluid out of the angle cylinders

7. BigDave12768

Did you check the fluid? is it cloudy? If it is you could get by with just pulling plug and letting out milky/slushy fluid out. Then refill with new fluid. It should get you through storm. I dont want to tell you to do something and then you end up with air in system and have other issues. I know when I iced up. I just changed fluid. If you cant bring it inside heat up a quart of fluid to help melt frozen stuff and flush out tank.

But if you want fluid out of piston. take out clevis and compress them in. it will send fluid into tank.

8. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

i didnt drain it yet. going to drain in the morning.i brought the fluid in side the house. How would you heat it up?

9. BigDave12768

The screen before filter maybe clogging with ice

10. BigDave12768

ehhh few ways. But the way I did it with out really pissing off my mom that much. Small pan filled with water. I brought it to boil then cut down heat an put bottle in there for 5 mins on a simmer. Vent the cap. it got it hot enough that it flushed out the slushy crap enough that I could get back out there.

Before you do this. Is the fluid pink/milky and slushy?

TRANNY FLUID IS FLAMMABLE AT 420F!