1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow moves when i dont make it?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by andyman0291, Mar 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

For some reason my plow angles to the left after i move it in any direction (up, right, or even a little bit left) its a 2005 mm2. I had a hose burst last night, and right after i replaced it this started happening. Could this be caused by air in the line, or moisture, or something completly different? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

I'm no expert diagnosing the problem. I did have a hose burst on me so I figured since one burst it's only a matter of time that the other two may be close to hitting a weak moment so I changed out all 3. I bled all my lines and had no problems.......but on Sunday when I hooked up my plow for Mondays big storm I went to raise my plow, nada. Angle to the left it turned right. I was like "ah crap". Check my connections, unplug then plug in, "ah crap". Gooped in some CRC dielectric on the pins and "thank God"...phew, back in business. At first I thought I had a problem with my solenoids or battery.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check your grill connectors first, make sure they are clean and tight.

And then give us the rest of the story, why did the hose burst, did you hit something while plowing, which way was it angled is you did hit something? The whole stry helps figure out where else you might have damaged something.

4. andyman0291

we tried the plow on two seperate trucks, and the problem happens with each of them, which leads me to believe that is is a plow problem and not a truck problem. Im not quite sure when the hose bursted, or which way it was angled, as to we didnt notice the problem until the next morning when we went out to do some cleanups. the same piston did have a blown seal a couple months ago, and i am wondering if that could be the cause of the problem.

i mean the plow still works, but if i leave the plow straight while driving to and from place to place, after five minutes it will be all the way angled to the left, with the plow control off.

5. Crash935

Oh, a fun one, i like these kinds,

Its angling left with the controller off? Is it a drifting to the left slowly or the motor suddenly runs and goes left?

You still havent gotten any other direction than left when you ask for a different function?

6. pyro

pyro Junior Member

Sounds like a solinoid or a relief valve problem, i remember reading in my installation instructions that if the pressure relief valve activates it will send the plow to the left by default... call a local distributor or call tech support at Fisher...might be an easy fix:confused::)

7. andyman0291

its drifting very slowly to the left.. and yes it angles when the controller is off. If i move it up, it goes up, but when i let off the control it again goes back left, same thing if i go right.

8. pyro

pyro Junior Member

It makes sence, if the relief valve was damaged when you hit somthing, it will leak... when it leaks the pressure from the lift cyl and or the right angle cyl will force the plow left...

9. andyman0291

where is the relief valve?

thanks

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I would suggest at least saving this document on your computer...or if you can print it out and keep it in a binder in the truck...has come in handy for me!

Page 10 of that document has the relief valves you are looking for
    http://fisherplows.com/pdf/27179_070001.pdf

11. Crash935

You either have the Pilot Operated check valve stuck open, a bad valve stem seat (very likely if something was hit while plowing) or bad o-rings in the cross over relief valve.

Start with the easy one, the S3 valve (blue wire) take the nut off the end of the valve and see if the coil will slid off. If it does, pull the valve and make sure that it will shift or that it isnt stuck shifted. Easy to do, put a small screw driver in the end of the valve and push, it should move a fraction and looking at the valve from the side while you push yoou should be able to see the internal portion move through the holes on the outer portion.