1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow moves TOO fast. adjustment possible

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jonw440, Oct 29, 2005.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Is there anyway to slow these plows down?! I have a brand new 8'SD and trying to center it it is a trial on my Patience!Just touch it it goes to far right<try again> damn to far left<I cant imagine ever saying "How can these go slower" BUT can it be done? I can just see back-dragging in front of a garage door and trying to straighten the blade and having the blade go through the door!:rolleyes:
  2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Give it a few storms, you will get the hang of it. I found when you're close to center double tap-it one way and once the other way it gets pretty close to center.
  3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

plows are getting faster and faster, just like my new mower, it mow's so fast,when you hit a bump it nearly throughs you off the seat!!! most people complain about plows being slow, i think that like you say, if you cant pull up to a garage door and back drag, what good is it if you have a fast plow???
    i hope you get your plow figured out, good luck ....happy plowing this year
  4. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

who makes the 8sd ? I have a western proplus 8' contractors grade and it is alittle squirrley to. Have to tap the joystick, not hold it
  5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Man, I have never heard anyone compalin a plow moves too fast. Thats a GOOD THING!! payup

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I dont mind my 9' super duty moving to fast, you will get used to it soon enough but boy does it shake my truck around when the plow is in the air and you try to move it slightly. LOL