1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow moves slowly or not at all

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by spflyer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. spflyer

spflyer Junior Member

Hi guys, hope you can help.

I've got a Fisher MM plow, I believe it's the instaact. My plow started going very slowly then eventually it wouldn't lift at all. Clean filter and oil, but it acts just like if the filter were clogged. Tries to lift and swing but can't quite hack it. I suspect I have a bad pump and I'd like to replace it but I'm not sure which pump to buy. My current pump says Western and the only numbers on it are B1.

None of the pumps I see advertised look exactly like my existing pump. Also Fisher seems to have two different pumps, 1750 and 2100 psi.

Anyone know what pump will work if mine is a Western B1?
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The 1750 and 2100 PSI ratings are the crossover relief valve settings. Definitely sounds like a bad pump. A picture of the pump would help as well.